EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS GUIDE
The North Tahoe Fire Protection District is pleased to provide you with this emergency preparedness and evacuation plan. There is no “magic recipe” for evacuation. By knowing all possible options, you are better prepared when the order is given.
WHAT CAN I DO TO BE PREPARED?
- Look at the map provided in the guide and identify all ingress and egress routes that take you to a major roadway. Depending on the emergency, some routes may be unusable. Listen carefully to evacuation instructions.
- Add your personal and important phone numbers to the guide. You could also add phone numbers of your neighbors.
- Consider discussing evacuation with your neighbors in an effort to watch out for each other. The Fire Protection District will gladly meet with you (or preferably a group of neighbors) to make this plan neighborhood specific.
- While the emergency alert system and other television stations are a potential source of emergency information, the power may be out leaving your vehicle’s radio as your only information option.
- Program the radio stations listed in this guide in your radio today
- Program the Placer County information number in your cell phone.
If you would like a hard copy of our Emergency Preparedness and Evacuation Guide, please contact us at 530-583-6911 or email us.
Additional resources on preventing wildfires and preparing for emergencies and evacuations are available at the following websites:
Preparedness tips for people with disabilities and their caregivers can be found here: