Plan Review Applications/Resources
To help assure building safety, the District works with residents, builders, and developers from a fire and life safety perspective to ensure residential and commercial buildings meet the California Fire Code, Placer County Safe Ordinance, and local amended fire ordinances.
Electronic Submittal Process –
- Review the Cost Recovery Schedule to determine fees that will be due for the plan review.
- Submit a completed application, the plans required for the review, and any pertinent documents to the Plan Review Email
- All plans and documents must be submitted in Adobe Acrobat PDF file type (Multiple emails ok if plans are too large).
- Complete submittals will be invoiced via Square.com where the invoice can be paid via credit card. A credit card service fee of 3.5% will apply.
- Fees must be paid for plans to be added to plan review queue. Checks are also accepted and can be mailed to NTFPD, ATT Plans, PO Box 5879, Tahoe City, CA 96145.
- Once the cost recovery fees are paid, the submittal will go in the queue for electronic plan review and will be reviewed within 15 business days (3 weeks). Expedited plan review requests cannot be accommodated; plan accordingly to avoid any delays.
Cost Recovery Schedule 2024 Increases
How to calculate the turnaround time for your Plan Review submittal, AMMR letter submittal, or Will-Serve Letter request –
The turnaround for all submittals 15 Business Days from the day the invoice is paid. There is no cost recovery for an AMMR letter submittal.
Do not contact our office during the 15 Business Day review turnaround. Our staff will not respond to your inquiry. Once your review is complete, our office will contact you via email.
Plan reviews are primarily done on Mondays, and some during the week in between scheduled inspections.
Plan intake will be processed within 1 business day from when the submittal email is received. If your submittal is accepted, an invoice will be issued to the main contact on the application. If not, we will email back with details or additional requirements for your submittal.
The 15 business day turnaround time does not include holidays and business office closures.
Monday – Thursday 8AM-5PM
Closed every other Friday * Closed 12PM-1PM for lunch * Closed on all major holidays
For questions regarding the NTFPD/MBFPD plan review process and requirements, email Plan Review.